ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for NU vs. OSU

All ball. Horrible sequence by refs. From Beran foul. To Beran getting pushed in the back on the lose ball scrum.

• Angry
Reactions: drewjin
I hope I don’t jinx this. But this has been a well officiated game. Some weird plays and still I think, overall, they’ve got things right.

Don’t screw it in the last minute

• Wow
Reactions: drewjin and bjm989
I hope I don’t jinx this. But this has been a well officiated game. Some weird plays and still I think, overall, they’ve got things right.

Don’t screw it in the last minute
I was thinking that part way through. Refs haven’t over officiated or had too many brutal calls either way.

This felt like a game we fell apart at the end but won anyway. Woof
Not we, Chase fell apart. Twoo fouls with under two minutes to go and the other team jn the double bonus m is dumb.

Not running the baseline taking the ball out is dumb.

Everyone makes mistakes. Got a big rebound at the end.

He has to be smarter.

Good win and learning experience as the season continues.

Not we, Chase fell apart. Twoo fouls with under two minutes to go and the other team jn the double bonus m is dumb.

He has to be smarter.

He missed the front end of a 1 and 1 also, which would’ve given a nice cushion, but hey man, when it counted, we got the win

He has to be smarter.

He struggled down the stretch, but that corner three and final rebound were both HUGE. Nobody's perfect, he had a bad night, but he still made big plays. Cats get the win. I'll take it.

Offensive end, the Cats really executed down the stretch. Impressive!! The late-inbounding of the ball and defensive glass? Could use some work. Big win. Congrats!! Please win this weekend vs PU, but not Wednesday night while I’m there.

Reactions: MotownMedilldo

He has to be smarter.

Buie also los the ball off the dribble in the last minute.

Huuuuge win. Got me nervous at the end but the guys held on and won at a place we almost never win at. Don’t want to jinx anything but the last time we won in Columbus was a very special year. Our next three games are at home against very tough opponents so the guys must protect the house make this a great year.
Brooks Barnhizer coaches kid is gonna be special for our CATS!!!

Huuuuge win. Got me nervous at the end but the guys held on and won at a place we almost never win at. Don’t want to jinx anything but the last time we won in Columbus was a very special year. Our next three games are at home against very tough opponents so the guys must protect the house make this a great year.
Brooks Barnhizer coaches kid is gonna be special for our CATS!!!
We finally got the Brooks breakout. I’m hoping this is the first of many. Really good player.

Tonight OSU gets to be the team wondering why one of our bench players had a career night against them. That’s a nice change of pace.
I thought the same thing! His skanky mustache was working magic tonight.

Reactions: EagerFan
He struggled down the stretch, but that corner three and final rebound were both HUGE. Nobody's perfect, he had a bad night, but he still made big plays. Cats get the win. I'll take it.
As frustrating as Chase’s night was, and it was frustrating, it’s also pretty damn good news NU can win a quality road game with Chase playing that badly, even if it did result in great part from OSU being even more incompetent/cold late than NU (clanking open 3s the entire night didn’t hurt a bit either). Boo had a marvelous overall game, and Barnheiser gave NU the legit second scoring option NU needed without chase. Pretty ugly and frustrating win… but we are WAY past the point of needing to care about style points. This thing is starting to draw close, just win baby.

Tonight OSU gets to be the team wondering why one of our bench players had a career night against them. That’s a nice change of pace.
OSU's leading scorer was J Sueing. How is he still eligible? I live in the bay area and saw him play for Cal about 7 years ago. We got the W--that's all that matters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT