ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Ohio State vs. Northwestern

Here’s even better radical idea how about our head coach stops playing To lose and get a little more aggressive yes the conditions were bad we understood that but you Can’t keep doing that wildcat formation every team sees it on tape and I knows it’s coming And especially since we’re playing for nothing at this point why not get Sully to throw more passes maybe not so much in the wind but eventually you’re gonna have to try to make a pass throughthat strong wind and hope that receiver catches it.
I didn’t need to see radically more passes, just continuing the simple option offense with Sullivan on the field that had some success would have been fine by me.

Reactions: drewjin and cattul
I’m disappointed that they lost, but they played like Wildcats today.

You all aren’t going to drag me down into anger this week.

It was a decent, entertaining game. Like the announcers said, the Buckeyes were the better team, but the Wildcats made OSU earn the win.

Go Cats!
Me either

Reactions: MotownMedilldo
Yeah, see, this tweet calling him a sub-downs player seems to imply a non first round grade
I didn’t say he was a certain first rounder. I said he could sneak into the first round and I also said he was a possible first rounder. Doesn’t take much reading of draft material to know he is pretty much a day 2 lock and if he continues to play like he did today the first round is a possibility. With a lot NFL scouts watching, he was the best DL on the field today playing against a team with a bevy of NFL prospects.

by the way, Jim Nagy from the Senior Bowl wouldn’t tweet about Tomi unless there was a lot of NFL draft chatter about him.

Last edited:
I didn’t say he was a certain first rounder. I said he could sneak into the first round and I also said he was a possible first rounder. Doesn’t take much reading of draft material to know he is pretty much a day 2 lock and if he continues to play like he did today the first round is a possibility. With a lot NFL scouts watching, he was the best DL on the field today playing against a team with a bevy of NFL prospects.

by the way, Jim Nagy from the Senior Bowl wouldn’t tweet about Tomi unless there was a lot of NFL draft chatter about him.
Oh, there should be draft chatter about him, he’s good. I do think of him as a very very likely day 2 guy myself.

Oh, there should be draft chatter about him, he’s good. I do think of him as a very very likely day 2 guy myself.
Correct, and if he keeps playing like he did today, some team late in round 1 may think he is too good to pass up. He was way better than OSU’s DE Zack Harrison, who is thought of as a first round pick. Similar to what Slater did in 2019 against OSU and chase Young, Tomi made himself a lot of money with the performance today in front of many NFL scouts and at least one NFL GM.

Reactions: NUCat320
Correct, and if he keeps playing like he did today, some team late in round May think he is too good to pass up. He was way better than OSU’s DE Zack Harrison who is thought of as a first round pick. Similar to what Slater did in 2019 against OSU and chase Young, Tomi made himself a lot of money with the performance today in front of many scouts and at least a one NFL GM.
Tomi’s issue is partially that he’s not really a traditional 4-3 DE profile with lots of sacks at his size.

Tomi’s issue is partially that he’s not really a traditional 4-3 DE profile with lots of sacks at his size.
He is perfect for the 4-3 defense the Bears play. NFL teams want versatile guys and his ability to play outside on running downs and swings inside to play 3T on passing downs is a huge plus for him. I don’t think it was a coincidence both Ryan Poles and Ian Cunningham were at the game today.

He is perfect for the 4-3 defense the Bears play. NFL teams want versatile guys and his ability to play outside on running downs and swings inside to play 3T on passing downs is a huge plus for him. I don’t think it was a coincidence both Ryan Poles and Ian Cunningham were at the game today.

And so would you burn a 1st round pick on him for the Bears, seeing what a perfect fit he would be for them?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT