ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread: Northwestern vs. Minnesota

9 completions for 50 yards. He’s a real gunslinger. He could have had two td bombs, but has zero deep touch
But all the QB whisperers on this board ridiculed the thought during the offseason that Sullivan was the much better option for NU. They got what they wanted. Enjoy!

I’m not typically a “bring in the backup” guy but Bryant just isn’t showing it. I think the coaches keep waiting for him to do what he does in practice, but we need a change and some energy. Hope we don’t wait until the 4th quarter to try Sulllivan.

Reactions: drewjin
Bryant has a decent resume. His inability to hit the open man is puzzling and this simply isn't working. What is two exploratory drives by Sullivan, at this point? The inability to sustain a drive-let alone score, is completely demoralizing to all facets of the game. There is nothing to fight for.

Sullivan might make zero difference, but if they were truly in close competition, why not try? I think coaches just hate the thought of being proven wrong.

It would not have been a surprise if we lost but they get blown off the field frankly is a surprise 21 nothing and we look but we have no ability on either side of the ball. I know Corby thinks everything is just copacetic but we need a change across the board including putting Sullivan in

It would not have been a surprise if we lost but they get blown off the field frankly is a surprise 21 nothing and we look but we have no ability on either side of the ball. I know Corby thinks everything is just copacetic but we need a change across the board including putting Sullivan in
Copacetic? Do you even read my posts? NU’s football program is completely screwed. You think this year is bad? Wait until next year. This program will be lucky to win 1-2 games per year for the next 3-4 years and that assumes they hire the right coach this offseason. Something I have zero confidence in.

Reactions: BarefootCat
You’re a clown. I scout football. On the touchdown run Gallagher filled the hole and got run over by a 175 lb freshman. Watch the tape, moron.
I'm at the game but turned on Hulu and watched the replay. Gallagher hit the guy, did not wrap, then two Cats ran over Gallagher and the kid bounced to the left for the TD. Probably should have wrapped, but didn't get run over and the other two hit him instead of the RB

This is really brutal watch esp all of the penalties on both sides of the ball. This looks like another dark age for the program. Where is Hari Seldon to help us limit the timeframe of the program’s collapse?

I bought tix last minute. Not sure I will stay the whole game. Won't get home until midnight. But, if I want to see Sullivan, I guess I'll have to wait

How about a turnover once in awhile. That's also a deficiency we aren't forcing any turnovers. At least last year we forced several just didn't do squat with them.

Reactions: TheBallCarrier
Complain about coaching all you want, but the reality is that the talent level is not high enough to compete at a Big Ten level. We are too slow, too weak, and too small. Better schemes and substitutions might help at the margins, but there is only so much coaching can do. The big takeaway is that the supposed improved recruiting over the last few years didn’t amount to anything.
The improvement in recruiting was a frigging lie, meaning we were fooling ourselves!! We were still getting 3 star recruiting across the board pretty much. We needed more 4 star recruiting to say things were getting better. The recruiting failure can be attributed to the previous HC and his soon to be former OC, for implementing such an unimaginative offense. We don't have one bona fide QB on the team as a result.

Reactions: catfans5
I think I'd even give Hilinski a shot. Bryant hasn't shown anything in 3.5 games
Question to you? Why did Hilinski end up on the bench? Answer: He isn't starter material and Beamer knew it. Bring in an imaginative system that is QB friendly and you will see better quality quarterbacks flocking to Evanston. Every QB post Thorson has been a hack. Ramsey was just a really good game manager, nothing more.

I hate to put a turd in the punch bowl but as I see it, our QB's aren't the main problem. The OL needs to give them about a second or two more and half of the misses would turn into completions.

And thank God for Porter.

We are down two TD now with about half the game to go. I am not giving up just yet!

And oh boy, if we could just get a turnover....

Fitz would have gone for that 4th down.

Tough call. Brain says get it down to a two-score game, heart says we needed a TD when we got all the way into the red zone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT