ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread: Northwestern vs. Minnesota

Fitz would have gone for that 4th down.

Tough call. Brain says get it down to a two-score game, heart says we needed a TD when we got all the way into the red zone.
Yeah, but Fitz isn't so lucky with going for it on 4th down. I am still pissed at him for going for it on 4th down on the two late drives in the Music City Bowl vs Kentucky and coming up short both times, giving Kentucky a shorter field in a game where if they score 7 they probably win since Clayton got injured.

Reactions: drewjin
I am enjoying seeing Ohio State get run over this second half.

Do we have a strength program? A freshman running back just ran over our senior linebacker.

• Sad
Are we able now to question a LB who repeatedly gets run over a freshman RB for a TD?

Reactions: MC_Cat
How many times will Gallagher either get run over or miss a tackle. And he's supposed to be our best linebacker It's just sad

Gragg and Schiff have sucked the enthusiasm and everything that was good with the football program
Congrats you morons.

F
Brutal Minny td when we had their frost rb stopped short of a 1st down. Instead a td.
These are Fitz‘s players. We’d suck just as much if he was still here. Time to get rid of every one and rebuild. It will take time, but it is necessary.

For the last time:
S and G didn't hire these coaches
S and G didn't recruit these players
These true student athletes are giving there all and deserve our support.

Care to comment on that one? My point is now made.
I turned the channel a long time ago so I have mo idea what you are referring to. This program is a lost cause. My comments related to that specific play at the goal line. Gallagher is who he is. A mediocre linebacker on a very bad team.

Reactions: Jaguar 88
That horrific missed tackle looming so much larger now we scored. Should only be 24-17.

I turned the channel a long time ago so I have mo idea what you are referring to. This program is a lost cause. My comments related to that specific play at the goal line. Gallagher is who he is. A mediocre linebacker on a very bad team.
Check the replay of his other big missed tackle. A good linebacker would have made that goal line play (and the TD you missed).

Check the replay of his other big missed tackle. A good linebacker would have made that goal line play (and the TD you missed).
Who said he was a good linebacker? I just called him mediocre. However, if you are watching this defense and come to the conclusion he is our biggest problem, then I think you should reconsider.

It’s not Gallahger’s fault. It’s Northwestern’s fault. He’s doing the best he can. He’s just not a Big10 level football player being forced to play in the Big10.

Who said he was a good linebacker? I just called him mediocre. However, if you are watching this defense and come to the conclusion he is our biggest problem, then I think you should reconsider.
Fair enough. I never said he was our biggest problem. I just said he should have made the tackle - and that means before he got hit by his own guys.

It’s not Gallahger’s fault. It’s Northwestern’s fault. He’s doing the best he can. He’s just not a Big10 level football player being forced to play in the Big10.
No NU player has ever been at fault…lol

Yeah, but we know one thing, we are not going bowling, that's for damn sure. Corbi is right, this program is becoming a lost cause. Ryan must be beating his head against a wall thinking about all that $$$$ he gifted and what else it could have been used for. This whole soap opera is extremely sad. 5 years ago, we were so hopeful and now this.

Reactions: WestCoastWildcat
Best offense we've had since Nebraska game last year.

One game may not be a trend, but damn it's nice to actually see something work (Bryant to Kirtz and Porter collecting some tough yards).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT