ADVERTISEMENT

NU has construction camera operating for Lakefront Facility

Is Willis the Sears Tower or the Hancock Building of yore?
I was at the Willis Tower Skydeck doing the tourist thing with the kids and family from out of town. It was cool to see the white domed roof of the facility prominently even from some distance.

DGZFGeMUwAEFog3.jpg:large

Looks great, but man, the lakefill and surrounds is getting real crowded (space is becoming a real big problem for NU; other schools in urban areas like Harvard, Penn, Columbia and NYU have been able to purchase surrounding property to expand).

Not much open green space on the lakefill with the practice and playing fields and all the new buildings creeping onto the lakefill.

One of the regrets from my time in Evanston was not taking spending more time on the lakefill (spent 3 yrs living on North campus).

Last edited:
Reactions: Inovacat
DGZFGeMUwAEFog3.jpg:large

Looks great, but man, the lakefill and surrounds is getting real crowded (space is becoming a real big problem for NU; other schools in urban areas like Harvard, Penn, Columbia and NYU have been able to surrounding property to expand).

Not much open green space on the lakefill with the practice and playing fields and all the new buildings creeping onto the lakefill.

One of the regrets from my time in Evanston was not taking spending more time on the lakefill (spent 3 yrs living on North campus).
What a great shot. Wish we could get one of those every few weeks.

There has not been much visual progress in the last few weeks but the last couple of days they have started putting on the facade visible from the camera.

Any one going to the game that can snap more pics? I'm always interested.

There has not been much visual progress in the last few weeks but the last couple of days they have started putting on the facade visible from the camera.

Any one going to the game that can snap more pics? I'm always interested.
They're working on a Sunday for the first time. Looks like they're trying to get all the glass in place before the snows come. Panels going up in Fitz's office, and the big ones for the dining area.

They're working on a Sunday for the first time. Looks like they're trying to get all the glass in place before the snows come. Panels going up in Fitz's office, and the big ones for the dining area.
I have been surprised at the small amount of Sunday work. Occasionally there have been small crews peeping for the coming week. I guess that is a good sign that things are close to on schedule; rarity in construction.

Landscaping in progress, big trees being delivered today. Gotta be getting close to finished!
Well, this is the time of year to do landscaping. The exterior must be almost done because you wouldn't want to do all that work and then drive equipment over it too much later.
Certainly more exterior action than we have seen in a long time.

Not sure whether someone has commented on the same event already, but I attended the School of Communication gala at the Fieldhouse a couple of weeks ago. This was a big fundraiser, with about 2,800 people in attendance, featuring Stephen Colbert as MC with entertainment from famous and semi-famous alumni like Tony Roberts, Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Brian d'Arcy James, Richard Kind, Stephanie March, Ana Gasteyer, and the incredible Heather Headley. The whole night was amazing, but all I really cared about was the opportunity to see and experience the inside of the Fieldhouse itself. To paraphrase another show with a famous NU alum: It's real and it's spectacular.

Nice view from the weight room. Not exactly a dungeon.

Reactions: NJCat
Not sure whether someone has commented on the same event already, but I attended the School of Communication gala at the Fieldhouse a couple of weeks ago. This was a big fundraiser, with about 2,800 people in attendance, featuring Stephen Colbert as MC with entertainment from famous and semi-famous alumni like Tony Roberts, Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Brian d'Arcy James, Richard Kind, Stephanie March, Ana Gasteyer, and the incredible Heather Headley. The whole night was amazing, but all I really cared about was the opportunity to see and experience the inside of the Fieldhouse itself. To paraphrase another show with a famous NU alum: It's real and it's spectacular.

Here are some highlights and backstage interviews:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT