ADVERTISEMENT

Ready or not, Big Ten play opens tonight for NU

A team starting three seniors and two juniors shouldn't need to take away practice jerseys or paint over the walls ...

https://www.insidenu.com/2017/12/1/...-tech-bryant-mcintosh-scottie-lindsey-big-ten
Dumpster fire. Listening to the interviews yesterday was disheartening. Hard to believe someone as experienced as Collins let the team get away from the basics. This smacks of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic if the "jealousy" issue mentioned by an informed source remains.

Reactions: julescat
Watching those interviews, it hit me that we sometimes forget this is Collins' first head coaching job. Was it really a shock to him that college players would get swept up in the hype and not focus on the basics during the off-season? Or was he too busy talking to Chicago magazine and Real Sports?

Putting aside my own snark, I don't think this is a dumpster fire and we have enough talent to get it together this season. The problem is whether we'll do it in time. We'll be all but finished if our second month looks like our first month.

Watching those interviews, it hit me that we sometimes forget this is Collins' first head coaching job. Was it really a shock to him that college players would get swept up in the hype and not focus on the basics during the off-season?
You'd think he would have picked up some tips and tricks about dealing with success while sitting next to one of the greatest coaches in NCAA history for 13 years.....

Dumpster fire. Listening to the interviews yesterday was disheartening. Hard to believe someone as experienced as Collins let the team get away from the basics. This smacks of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic if the "jealousy" issue mentioned by an informed source remains.

Someone as experienced as Collins? He’s made ONE tournament as a head coach. He’s spent all his time at NU keeping players motivated despite missing the postseason time and again. He — and the players — have never had to deal with success.

The Offensive Line dumpster fire turned into a 9 win season so we will have to see what happens.

A team starting three seniors and two juniors shouldn't need to take away practice jerseys or paint over the walls ...

https://www.insidenu.com/2017/12/1/...-tech-bryant-mcintosh-scottie-lindsey-big-ten

Dumpster fire? Come on, that’s not a dumpster fire. The Tennessee coaching search...now THAT’S a dumpster fire.

Reactions: ricko654321
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT