ADVERTISEMENT

This game has so many similarities to 20 years in Iowa City

BigNUFan51

Nov 29, 2015
In fact the highest ranking Northwestern has had since then.

1)Coming off a big win on ABC nationally televised mid-afternoon slot

2) Going on the road to play a struggling big ten team immediately after

3) Week 6 of Big Ten season

Corn husks are made of several leaves and countless silken strands, which might make removing all of them seem like a lengthy task. However, it really is quite easy to get rid of most if not all of them in just one go with the right technique. Using a microwave to loosen everything first can also make things easier with particularly stubborn husks (or even the easy ones, if you’re so inclined). With these tricks up your sleeve, plus a few pointers about which corn to buy, adding fresh corn to your meal will be a cinch!

Corn husks are made of several leaves and countless silken strands, which might make removing all of them seem like a lengthy task. However, it really is quite easy to get rid of most if not all of them in just one go with the right technique. Using a microwave to loosen everything first can also make things easier with particularly stubborn husks (or even the easy ones, if you’re so inclined). With these tricks up your sleeve, plus a few pointers about which corn to buy, adding fresh corn to your meal will be a cinch!
I used to work with a woman who was born in Mexico. Every fall, she’d make tamales and sell them to raise money for her daughter‘s school play. I’d buy a few dozen. They were amazing. I even took some on fall backpack trips and cook them wrapped in foil in the fire. Good eatin’!

I used to work with a woman who was born in Mexico. Every fall, she’d make tamales and sell them to raise money for her daughter‘s school play. I’d buy a few dozen. They were amazing. I even took some on fall backpack trips and cook them wrapped in foil in the fire. Good eatin’!

The tamale is recorded as early as 5000 BC, possibly 7000 BC in Pre-Columbian history. Initially, women were taken along in battle as army cooks to make the masa for the tortillas and the meats, stews, drinks, etc. As the warring tribes of the Aztec, Mayan, and Incan cultures grew, the demand of readying the nixtamal (corn) itself became so overwhelming a process, a need arose to have a more portable sustaining foodstuff. This requirement demanded the creativity of the woman...hence the tamale was born.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
The tamale is recorded as early as 5000 BC, possibly 7000 BC in Pre-Columbian history. Initially, women were taken along in battle as army cooks to make the masa for the tortillas and the meats, stews, drinks, etc. As the warring tribes of the Aztec, Mayan, and Incan cultures grew, the demand of readying the nixtamal (corn) itself became so overwhelming a process, a need arose to have a more portable sustaining foodstuff. This requirement demanded the creativity of the woman...hence the tamale was born.
I cannot say I ever carried tamales into battle, but I might have thrown one at an invasive squirrel...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT