ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for No. 1 Purdue vs. NU

NUwin.gif

HOW ‘bout them CATS!!! What a gritty hard nosed bunch. Never give up. Everyone in Wildcat nation go outside and scream for joy. OH MAN. Coaches players fans everyone deserves a hail job well done.
Kept the game low scoring to give us a chance. Another team held below 60 points.
SUPER BOWL? We just got our super bowl win. What a year.

To quote Austin Powers, “Yeah baby!”
What a huge win. Congrats to the team and the coaches. This win over #1 (first in NU men’s basketball) should lift us and assure the program to an NCAA bid. The team deserves it!
So proud we hung in there in the 2nd half and outscored Purdue 12-1 ar the end to seal the win. Go Cats!

HOW ‘bout them CATS!!! What a gritty hard nosed bunch. Never give up. Everyone in Wildcat nation go outside and scream for joy. OH MAN. Coaches players fans everyone deserves a hail job well done.
Kept the game low scoring to give us a chance. Another team held below 60 points.
SUPER BOWL? We just got our super bowl win. What a year.

Wow, today’s Super Bowl party is really going to be super regardless of the outcome between the Chiefs and Eagles.

Would have been a great game for CBS. Instead we got MSU/OSU on there. And 13th place OSU will be on CBS for the 3rd Sunday in a row next week when they go to PU. That should be a bloodbath.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
The only problem with this game was that it was not televised on CBS!
The one advantage there: We got announcers who know the team, instead of some yuk-it-up parachute-in dude like Brando. Great that BTN had the time to hold that shot of the mid-court celebration for a looong time...and that Revsine had the sense not to say a word.

The only problem with this game was that it was not televised on CBS!

Will not be a problem because this game will be all over every sports show for the next two days and longer.

Big congrats to those who went to this game, easily the biggest NU win ever. Attending NU men's hoops games is like playing a cheap slot machine - you lose a lot before you get paid the encouragement to keep playing. But this game is like hitting the grand jackpot.

What just happened???!??!

I had to go into a meeting just after the second half started. I left thinking how great we had gotten as close as five points behind Purdue.

After the meeting I rejoined this thread hoping that we had been able to keep the score close. WOW - seeing that WIN flag waving above your post had me asking the same question!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT