ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Northwestern vs. Maryland

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
The Cats may have been fortunate to get Maryland only once this year, but they weren't lucky to get them in College Park. The Terps are 15-1 at home this season, and 9-0 in the Big Ten.

Like NU, Maryland is led by their point guard. Charlotte transfer Jahmir Young averages 16.1 points and 3.4 assists per game. But the Terps have three other guys who average double figures in scoring.

Boo Buie has scored 20 or more points in four straight games. They'll need another big game from him today -- and unlike on Thursday night, NU needs a couple guys to step up and support him offensively.

Reactions: drewjin
Great game so far. Both teams playing very well. Cats very tough, resilient, and smart. Audige looking great.

MN, Martenelili, Boo, Chase and brooks are the best lineup first half. Don't care about the stats.

Players are moving on offense and co outing in defense.

Ex. When chase was double and tur Ed the ball over, Beran was on the other side of the court standing.

Both teams playing great D and somehow playing better O.

I loved watching Boo going for 35, but jeez, him getting everyone else involved is beautiful. Somebody said something to him since Thursday.

Nicholson and Chase ate their Wheaties this morning.

Exciting (on TV) to see the Cats playing, again, in a spirited, high energy, opposing arena.
All kinds of time. Hopefully, the Terps cool off offensively, we start to tire them out on the defensive side of the ball and start making some shots. Go Cats!

These teams seem well-matched today, and I haven't built up a long-standing hatred against the Terps, so I want a nice close game and a Wildcat win as opposed to stealing their souls and ruining their season.

These teams seem well-matched today, and I haven't built up a long-standing hatred against the Terps, so I want a nice close game and a Wildcat win as opposed to stealing their souls and ruining their season.

Not very often we get a BBall season like this... I want a soul stealing victory!

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
We gave them a few really really wide open looks by completely botching our famed double teaming of the post.

Still, they are just shooting unbelievably well

We gave them a few really really wide open looks by completely botching our famed double teaming of the post.

Still, they are just shooting unbelievably well
Letting MD go 1–1 on us has not worked well either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT