ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Iowa vs. Northwestern

Sully needs a shot of whiskey or something to settle down. He's not himself at the moment.

Forcing a punt on a series which started on the NU 45 is absolutely impressive. Our D is getting quite good.

Edit: Yes, yes…I know. Iowa.

Reactions: Go Catz
Iowa's defense isn't even having to do much here with our offense tripping over itself. These guys gotta settle down.

Clearly Maryland must have a horrendous defense. Sully is back to looking like a guy who has never played QB again.

I don't know the numbers but it seems to me that Sullivan is better in the second half so maybe it is still NU's game.

Henning running out of bounds, the coverage guy picking up the punt and stopping the clock before the ball stops rolling. Small details but these are things badly coached, losing teams do.

Reactions: phatcat
The BIG West is just an embarrassment. How can these teams survive the conference expansion coming. There are no FBS offenses in the entire division.

29 yards for NU in the first half. 81 for Iowa.

Zero points.
11 first downs. (Only 2 for NU.)
10 combined punts.

Awesome pitchers’ duel, yuk yuk yuk

One punt, though not the last punt, is credited to Luke Akers in the ESPN box score.

Henning running out of bounds, the coverage guy picking up the punt and stopping the clock before the ball stops rolling. Small details but these are things badly coached, losing teams do.

Pretty sure they told the coverage team to snag the ball. DeJean loves to make that late play to the ball.

Reactions: Rebel II
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT