ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Iowa vs. Northwestern

Iowa’s offense is playing inspired football under Brian Ferentz. Only one turnover, nine first downs, 29% on third downs. Pretty, pretty impressive.

Maybe they’ll go after Bajakian.

We are NOT losing. Calm down, man.
WTF are you talking about? You participate in these roller coaster game threads on a weekly basis and you choose to tell me to calm down. That’s hilarious. Just Pointing out the multitude of dumb mistakes being made out there by NU. The only reason we are not losing is we might actually be playing the only Big Ten team I’ve seen this year that might have less atheltic talent than we do.

• Wow
Reactions: DrillCat
WTF are you talking about? You participate in these roller coaster game threads on a weekly basis and you choose to tell me to calm down. That’s hilarious. Just Pointing out the multitude of dumb mistakes being made out there by NU. The only reason we are not losing is we might actually be playing the only Big Ten team I’ve seen this year that might have less atheltic talent than we do.
Fitz had built a hell of a program.

Pretty sure they told the coverage team to snag the ball. DeJean loves to make that late play to the ball.
He was nowhere near the ball and we had two guys circling the ball. If we were playing a team with a decent offense, those two mistakes could have easily cost us three points.

Srsly, the opening kickoff of the second half may be the most important play of the game. NU hasn’t moved the ball. It would be nice if Iowa had to play from inside their own 20.

Can we get points for crossing midfield? Can we cross midfield?

He was nowhere near the ball and we had two guys circling the ball. If we were playing a team with a decent offense, those two mistakes could have easily cost us three points.

…but we aren’t playing a team with a decent offense. Almost like that may have been part of the plan, literally trying to take the ball out of DeJean’s hands as he’s the biggest threat Iowa has.

Reactions: eddie_gocats
Too many penalties but I guess that comes the you think you are over matched.

3rd and 18 and you call a run up the middle. I guess they are giving up.

Sorry but we're losing this game. This offense is just unbelievable

Reactions: 2388bb
Why don't we have a simple bootleg play like that?

At least we can complain about Genyk being retained again. Blocked punt. Yuck. He should’ve been canned last December, too.

Reactions: ParisCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT