ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Iowa vs. Northwestern

Is sully still the solution?
For the record, I have never made that claim, so I’m assuming it was general commentary?

Edit: Also, I’m not sure that any Northwestern quarterback this side of Len Williams could succeed behind the current offensive line. Maybe Persa.

Last edited:
Get Sullivan a shot of booze. He's gonna have to pass into tight coverage if we're going to get any points.

Every close call by the refs goes to Iowa. Ferentz has these guys by the balls. No way there was enough to reverse the call on the field on that catch.

It appears that Brian Ferentz picked up the “skater’s cut” - shaved in the sides, a bit floppy on top - circa fifth grade, and then never changed.

I hope NU looks downfield on first down.

Still a chance to win this but NU has to wake up and play smart, crisp football on offense. They are playing against Iowa and the Refs in this one.

Anderson’s “NWO” has 15 minutes to sharpen up and not be the liability that cost the Cats a win.

Reactions: NUCat320
How many times are we getting into plus territory?
How many 4th and 5 are we going to convert? This is a field position game. The only way Iowa or NU scores is with a very short field like the one Iowa scored on. You don’t risk giving Iowa another short field. You punt the ball, pin Iowa back and wait for Jared Lorentzen Jr. To make a mistake or for a bad punt.

When NU scores here, kick the extra point and play for overtime. In Jack we trust.

How many 4th and 5 are we going to convert? This is a field position game. The only way Iowa or NU scores is with a very short field like the one Iowa scored on. You don’t risk giving Iowa another short field. You punt the ball, pin Iowa back and wait for Jared Lorentzen Jr. To make a mistake or for a bad punt.
Yeah punting was a no-brainer. Too much time left.

I am actually more optimistic about NU’s ability to drive 70+ yards. Offensive line just needs to get it together and not get penalized, and we need to not be cute and find positive yardage on each play, somehow someway.

Two successfulish plays, but a weird time for Lausch.

Yuuuuuge run by Tyus.

Tyus is showing some serious effort. Let’s see this turn into a scoring drive.

Bad programs making bad plays. This is the legacy Fitz left us. He really collapsed as a coach his last couple of years. It went beyond JON.

• Angry
Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT