ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. No. 9 Illinois

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (10-2, 1-0 Big Ten) plays at No. 9 Illinois (10-2, 1-0 Big Ten) tonight at 8 pm CT at the State Farm Center.

The game will air on BTN. Illinois star Terrance Shannon Jr. remains indefinitely suspended and will not play.

Wow, Illinois comes out on absolute fire. Getting some good looks and not missing any of them. Gotta be better with our close outs and rotations.

Nicholson with two fouls, a failure to box out, and not quick enough on a semi-lob on the first offensive possession. Let’s go big Luke.

Was glad to see Hunger come off the bench before Preston. Hope he gets more minutes. I just don’t see Preston as a guy who can play well at this level.

I'm not gonna say it's gonna get ugly... because they've comeback before against good teams recently... but this definitely could get ugly

I like the fact we allowed like 25 points in 9 minutes, which is terrible, and raised the physicality of the game a lot. Unfortunately, I don't remember a team getting out of these double plays so easily. Ever.

Everyone seems a step slow on defense tonight. So many potential steals a fingertip away.

Reactions: drewjin
This is gross. At least NU switches to the normal-sized rim in the second half. This one feels smaller than regulation size.

Domask is the player we all thought Barnhizer was going to be this year.

Reactions: MC_Cat
When did Bajakian start running our basketball offense?

NU has 6 O-boards to Illinois’ 5, except that at least four of NU’s came on a single possession.

Good thing there are two months of games left.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT