ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Wisconsin - Big Ten Tournament

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
The quarterfinals of the Big Ten Tournament are here and No. 4 Northwestern (21-10, 12-8 Big Ten) takes on No. 5 Wisconsin (20-12, 11-9 Big Ten). The Badgers won their first game against No. 12 Maryland, 87-56, yesterday and beat Northwestern, 71-63, at the Kohl Center earlier this season.

I'm court side for the site today, tip off is on pace for 1:50 pm CT based on the arena clock for warmups.

Hepburn was a 1st team all league defender. Hopefully Boo can get some more open shots in his absence.

Reactions: drewjin
Chucky has to get the spot on his hair just right for game time, but I bet he'll play.

Under-16: Wisconsin hasn't put the ball in the basket yet - their only basket came on a goaltend.

Preston has looked good defensively so far, but he just ran over Wahl there.

I’ve got visions of Boo doing this next weekend too. He’s got the stuff to take a team all the way.

Reactions: drewjin
Did Bardo just say Boo's "bags are as big as anyone in the nation" or did I mishear that? I mean, it's true, but you generally don't hear that during a game.

• Haha
Reactions: EagerFan
This is the problem. We have zero depth with all the injuries. Wisky keeps rolling guys out at us. We're forced to play a walk-on and a freshman who simply isn't ready.

Hopefully Boo is ok, because he's playing the next 27 minutes of this game.

So I understand that Boo is our best player and that Clayton and Smith are out of their league right now. But do Martinelli, Barnhizer and Langborg have to also suck when Boo goes out?

I want Clayton to do well, but he just hurts us out there right now

Minus 4 for his stint, but someone else has to step up. Boo ain't scoring 60 and Wisconsin has been on a run longer that.

Airbags, missed layups, missed free throws.

One minute, minus-4 (was it more?) on the season, presumably.

Wisconsin changed to swing the ball and attacking the middle

On Offense NU on another drought, nothing going to the basket.

We are not good playing with early leads. So frustrating.
It’s a game of runs. With Boo going out and the adjustments on defensive aggressiveness WI made, they get their own run going. We need to adjust. Get to the rim. Get them in foul trouble, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT