ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Away game

NUCatswin

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2018
Such a shame the Indiana away game (our first big ten game) is 12/1 at 4pm. If it was earlier we could combine both for two games in one day!

Reactions: drewjin and Fitz51
You can make it from Bloomington to the south side of downtown Indy in one hour.

Granted, you'd miss out on some pre-game fun in Indy, but it's relatively doabale if all you care about being in your seat at kickoff.

To be POSITIVE you'd make kickoff, you'd probably have to leave with ten minutes left in the second half of the basketball game.

It's a fun thought. I'm happy for you football guys. Fun stuff!!

Couldn’t they switch us with the early game? Still three weeks away ...

Such a shame the Indiana away game (our first big ten game) is 12/1 at 4pm. If it was earlier we could combine both for two games in one day!

Can't NU lobby the B1G or IU to adjust one or both of the games a bit to make it work for folks?

im curious if the Big Ten forced Indiana to do this or how it worked. What is the advantage of Indiana agreeing to do this (will likely lead to more NU fans being there)

im curious if the Big Ten forced Indiana to do this or how it worked. What is the advantage of Indiana agreeing to do this (will likely lead to more NU fans being there)

I would hope that any Big10 team would make this accommodation.

Reactions: ricko654321
I feel like IU is not quaking in their boots over the possibility of a purple takeover of Assembly Hall.

Penn State Maryland was moved to our game slot for BTN.

I'd imagine that the conference asked the 3 other schools if they could reschedule and they said yes.

I can't imagine any school saying no to this kind of request.

Reactions: olshin
I guess IU doesn't give a crap about getting more Cat fans to Assembly Hall
There is not a concern about cat fans going to assembly hall as it will be sold out and IU will fill it up. Northwestern will get its allotment of 50 to 75 tickets for players tickets and staff tickets.

I would hope that any Big10 team would make this accommodation.
Why, IU does not have to accommodate NU, and the NU fans will not be able to get their hands on tickets. You are football, no question, but this is b-ball and IU does not worry about filling it up, the list of IU fans who want b-ball tickets is real long

Wrong, the tickets are the tickets, and NU fans will not be able to get anymore then they have been allotted. Again, this is b-ball, not football, and unlike football where you guys are a much better program then we can think of vs b-ball where you guys are not really part of the conversation like we are not in football

Why, IU does not have to accommodate NU, and the NU fans will not be able to get their hands on tickets. You are football, no question, but this is b-ball and IU does not worry about filling it up, the list of IU fans who want b-ball tickets is real long
There are plenty of tickets on StubHub. I don't think anyone is suggesting that IU gave NU tickets...

Wrong, the tickets are the tickets, and NU fans will not be able to get anymore then they have been allotted. Again, this is b-ball, not football, and unlike football where you guys are a much better program then we can think of vs b-ball where you guys are not really part of the conversation like we are not in football

Lighten up Francis.

435 tickets currently available on StubHub, starting at $75
My point exactly, 435 tickets available out of over 17,500 seats available. And those tickets are out there from mostly IU ticket holders. And look at the cost, higher then a lot of football game ticket prices.

If they could just move it up 1 hour...
It was just moved to 1, Big Tennput our press release. Big Ten taking care of NU. Will not matter, there will still be no more tickets available then now, probably only 300 at this time. A little bit more for IU to be pissed off about, the lack of respect from the Big Ten offices. But that is ok. I kinda really like our chances.

My point exactly, 435 tickets available out of over 17,500 seats available. And those tickets are out there from mostly IU ticket holders. And look at the cost, higher then a lot of football game ticket prices.

It’s nice you boys have a sport you can play. When was your last national title again?

I think you’ve got the same number of national titles as us in the last 30 years (zero of course). That’s embarrassing considering how much dough you raise and spend. At least you’ve been more relevant. Well not a lot more relevant.

It’s nice you boys have a sport you can play. When was your last national title again?

I think you’ve got the same number of national titles as us in the last 30 years (zero of course). That’s embarrassing considering how much dough you raise and spend. At least you’ve been more relevant. Well not a lot more relevant.
Actually a ton more relevant. You have been to the dance ONE time in the entire history of the dance. You were left out of the Gavit games, again. Your crossover in the ACC challenge is always a bottom feeder in the ACC. In the history of NCAA division b-ball, you are what in the bottom 5% of wins all time.
You are right, we have not won a national title in a bit over 3 decades. How many do you have, right 0 with one time in dance. Relevance wise, do you even want to compare resumes. I will not compare us to you in football, we lose. B-ball, baseball, soccer, you are not in any arena with us. Again, just facts and numbers. And, honestly, do you want to compare our schedule this year to yours. I do not see Marquette, Arkansas, Duke, Louisville, or Butler on yours. Now you do have a lot of real low level D 1 schools, but your strength of schedule outside of the conference is real bad. Again, just plain facts

Actually a ton more relevant. You have been to the dance ONE time in the entire history of the dance. You were left out of the Gavit games, again. Your crossover in the ACC challenge is always a bottom feeder in the ACC. In the history of NCAA division b-ball, you are what in the bottom 5% of wins all time.
You are right, we have not won a national title in a bit over 3 decades. How many do you have, right 0 with one time in dance. Relevance wise, do you even want to compare resumes. I will not compare us to you in football, we lose. B-ball, baseball, soccer, you are not in any arena with us. Again, just facts and numbers. And, honestly, do you want to compare our schedule this year to yours. I do not see Marquette, Arkansas, Duke, Louisville, or Butler on yours. Now you do have a lot of real low level D 1 schools, but your strength of schedule outside of the conference is real bad. Again, just plain facts

Nobody cares about IU anymore. Not even in basketball. I respect the academics of the school and I like your campus, but your vanity is eye roll inducing. This isn't the 1970s anymore.

We are Northwestern graduates. Money is not an issue for us.

I'm sure this was a unilateral Big Ten office decision. Northwestern and Indiana don't have a huge say in the time change two weeks in advance, nor should they. Let's be real -- this far out these time slots are merely arbitrary vehicles to fill BTN (or ESPN) scheduling obligations. Coaches haven't started game day prep. There's nothing to adjust on their end.

They moved the game time ... because ... it's COMMON FREAKING SENSE to do so. Even if it's just to accommodate the traveling parties from the member schools ... that's just good relations in the conference. I'm 100 percent certain they will do the same for Indiana when the Hoosiers are in the Big Ten football championship game.

Even if it's just to accommodate the traveling parties from the member schools ... that's just good relations in the conference. I'm 100 percent certain they will do the same for Indiana when the Hoosiers are in the Big Ten football championship game.

Good one!

Dont be to frightened of us, were 7 players down now. When we play you guys after Duke, they may have to bring the students in to fill the holes lol. Our players are made of paper machete, we have no viable center, so just slash, post up, and you'll win easily.

Dont be to frightened of us, were 7 players down now. When we play you guys after Duke, they may have to bring the students in to fill the holes lol. Our players are made of paper machete, we have no viable center, so just slash, post up, and you'll win easily.
You're probably too young to remember when Bobby Knight threw a fit in Evanston when the NU fans chanted "Hoosier Daddy"......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT