ADVERTISEMENT

NU/Wisconsin 1st Half Thread

Okay, a better half defensively (and in parts, offensively) than I thought going in. But NU must be more aggressive and unexpected on OFF- even if it does NOTHING. Conservative won't work against UW. Proud of the player's efforts, but feel like certain coaches need to dig a little deeper.

Likely correct but if the D can keep up this half we may be able to pull it out with a special teams or defensive score.

I was debating whether or not to watch this game. I was worried NU was gonna get blown up and blown out.

But NU is right in this game against the legitimate #8 in the country. In fact, they could easily be behind had it not been for a selectively near-sighted ref. UW must be talking to themselves.

To win this game, the NU O is gonna have to produce. That will mean HJ will have to start completing passes on 1st and 2nd down. Here's hoping he gets the chance.

HJ will help the team the most this second half if he uses his legs a bit more to run the ball on designed running plays. heavy run focus with selective passes in right spots on the field in the right down/distance.

Reactions: drewjin
I would like to be more aggressive on offense, but not sure if the O-line, receiving corps, and QB are ready for that. Hunter has talent, but he lacks experience. The O-line is still learning a new techniques. Yet, I feel that we will lose if we continue with our current play calling. I would be happy to proven wrong, and the coaches have a better idea of what the team is capable of than I do. Just a feeling that we need to do something different offense.

Hell has frozen over. I agree with Turk. Now I know Republicans are going to impeach Trump.
Those 2 yard and 3 yard gains were very close to being broke off a few times. Yea, I know only a few yards but Anderson has enough vision and quicks that if one missed tackle then a nice play. Then again, HJ has had some time but he needs to settle down or trust. I feel we can get 10 yard completions all day long if HJ settles down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT