ADVERTISEMENT

NU/Wisconsin 2nd Half Thread

I love that decision to go for 2. Even though it didn’t work. That playcall usually works. Brilliant.

Reactions: drewjin
People with any intelligence whatsoever recognize that you're deflecting with a transparent gambit like the good old, "You're a troll!" piffle. That's a slur, not an argument.

I can't name a single fanbase in major college athletics with lower expectations than this one. It's remarkable. And the rationalizations. It's like this pretend world where ND and Stanford don't exist. I mean, how can we possibly expect to recruit better players with our admission standards? These sorts of performances should be putting people's jobs on the line. The ghost of John McKay should rise from the grave to answer the question,

"What do you think of your team's execution?" with,
"I'm all for it."

“Slur?” Are you kidding me?

Good old Cats! When’s the last time we saw NU recover an onside? It’s been awhile.

I love Fitz- I really do, but you aren't aggressive on offense for three weeks, but you decide to get aggressive on a 2 pt play when a PAT puts you down 14?? If you wanna roll the dice to WIN the game, do it after your final score

Reactions: drewjin
I really don’t understand that call to go for two. Really makes no sense to me when you have shown this week and last week how much your offense struggles in goal line situations.

I kind of think that Fitz thought “if we score 11, and Wisconsin doesn’t score the rest of the game, we can say we outscored them on offense.”

Reactions: Jonny2TheP
Yes - create overload sides. Bring in max protect to give more time (in theory).

I can see you’re not interested in really reading the gist of my posts, so whatever - keep flaming.

Because you think we could put two or three men in patterns and get open?

Still in the game with that successful onside kick recovery and the Wisconsin penalty.

Why was that Jefferson catch not reviewed in such a close game? Might cost us here.

You got it, bud. It's meant to shut down debate, like in politics, when slurring someone as a "racist/sexist/bigot/homphobe" is used in place of an intelligent argument.

You need some thicker skin and a backbone if you think “troll” is a slur.

Agree 100% he’s not facing nearly what Hunter was, but glad to see he’s taking what they give him. Also building confidence for what could be a possible start next week depending on the extent of Hunter’s injury:

Oh yes definitely. But people could easily get the wrong impression that he is an upgrade over Hunter. Which he clearly is not.

Reactions: Jonny2TheP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT