ADVERTISEMENT

Official game thread for NU vs. NU

How the eff did shuler get into NU?
Agree. Thought NU recruited smart kids. And now Thorson has a brain cramp. Throw the dam ball away! Mistake after mistake after mistake. Are we sure the coaches are not in Florida watching the HS game.

It's one thing to get physically outplayed, but the fair catch on the three is just flat out dumb.

While the safety was a bad move by Thorson, I also blame play calling on that. If your going to pass in that situation, you should move the pocket on a rollout so its easy to throw it away if nothing is there. We aren't doing things to make it easier for Thorson.

Interesting. People want passing more on first down. The one time we'd probably want a run on first down NU calls a pass and lets four Huskers through the line to attack Thorson. Didn't have a chance.

He needs to throw that ball away as soon as he sees the play isn't coming open. You can' t just sit back on the ball in the end zone. That said, his skill players are giving the young QB zero support on most plays.

Interesting. People want passing more on first down. The one time we'd probably want a run on first down NU calls a pass and lets four Huskers through the line to attack Thorson. Didn't have a chance.

Situational awareness. Must be ready to throw the ball away there.

he had enough protection on that pass. You got to know when to throw the ball away.

That's easy to say. I think the play call wasn't wise backed up at your own end zone. Call a quick pass or a run to try to get some breathing room.

The fact that it's easy to say doesn't mean it isn't the thing to do. Doubt a more experienced QB would have eaten the ball on that play.

we've thrown for 2 yards against the worst pass defense in D-1 through 1 quarter.

I can't post anymore. My son will be teammates with some of these players. Maybe he will move from LB to punter.

these 30 yard punts are so frustrating, especiallly with our terrible offense.

Is Thorson's right ankle broken? Throws a middle-deep boundary route and doesn't drive off his plant foot (his right)? Vitale was wide open - throw the damn pill with some authority. This kid has regressed to worse than a high school Soph QB. Where is the Big Boy QB passing technique?

The fact that it's easy to say doesn't mean it isn't the thing to do. Doubt a more experienced QB would have eaten the ball on that play.
Errant throws over the middle are recipes for turnovers. The receivers ran mid-range routes and he would have had to throw a really long throw for what you wanted. Furthermore, if the refs don't think there's a receiver in the area, it's intentional grounding and an automatic safety anyway.

A run or a quick-developing pass would have been better.

Horrible decision and play call on the safety. Why did they put Thorson in shotgun? It was a recipe for disaster? Thorson made a horrible decision there too, redshirt freshman or not. A pop warner QB knows to throw the ball away.

No reason we shouldn't beat Nebraska, they aren't very good. I do love Memorial Stadium though. What a great place to play.

Is Thorson's right ankle broken? Throws a middle-deep boundary route and doesn't drive off his plant foot (his right)? Vitale was wide open - throw the damn pill with some authority. This kid has regressed to worse than a high school Soph QB. Where is the Big Boy QB passing technique?
That's pretty harsh considering that Thorson is the reason we're leading right now.

Seriously, this is not even to the level of a decent high school punter.

Niswander's best punt happens on a block. That says it all about our special teams play right now.

i don't how we are winning this game. If we can wake up, we have a chance, but our defense is gonna get worn down

Slow, unimaginative offense that can't stay on the field....... I can see where this game is going.

I really like Walker. He is a great player. Our defense is doing its job, but where is our offense and special teams?

Has our staff told the punt return team not to return the ball? On that last punt Shuler made no attempt to catch the ball and the blckers made no attempt to block. They just ran off the field.

Big Thorson fan here, but time for a new QB ... had Vault WIDE OPEN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT