ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Illinois

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I'm on press row for NU's matchup with rival Illinois. I think we're going to be quite a bit of orange in the building today. I don't know how many students will be there. Classes start tomorrow and with an early start, I'm not sure how many are in town already.

I'd like to introduce Avery Zimmerman to WR Nation. Avery is a Medill freshman and will help me cover NU basketball this year. He's sitting next to me and will be posting a lot here this season.

Reactions: Fitz51
Are the students still off? It’s the worst turnout I’ve seen in ages for a B1G game let alone the Illini.

Not a good start for NU. The Cats are 1-6 from the floor and Law is 0-3, and they trail 6-2 at the first media timeout.

Pretty sparse crowd, too. As usual, the upper deck is almost full while there are quite a few empty seats in the lower deck.

Are the students still off? It’s the worst turnout I’ve seen in ages for a B1G game let alone the Illini.

Yep, today is the last day of break. Classes start tomorrow. I'm sure most are coming back today and won't make the early tip.

Most people fly back to campus today. Plus I know a lot of students going to the bears game.

NU's half court offense is really struggling. It's evident that they haven't found a guard capable of running the offense thus far. Just as I type this, Greer has driven and converted on back-to-back possessions. They could really use more of that.

Greer with flashes of BMac on back-to-back possessions! He'll be a capable Big Ten player for the Cats during his time here.

Vic is just 1-6. The rest of the team is 9-15 from the floor. Need to keep finding easy baskets.

15 to 1 Illini run not looking good we can't make a shot I'm sure if it will improve in the second half but somewhat discouraging

They were successful getting the ball inside and scoring buckets. Then they fell in love with the 3 point shot again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT