ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Purdue

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Well, we've got a full house today...and there are a lot of Boilers in the house. We'll see how Law and Pardon handle the emotion of Senior Day.

Charlie Hall is starting, which is a nice move. He was announced and gave Jordan Ash a big hug and the two exchanged some words. We'll see how Charlie handles his big moment.

Unis look sharp.

Reactions: FloridAlum
Well, we've got a full house today...and there are a lot of Boilers in the house. We'll see how Law and Pardon handle the emotion of Senior Day.

Charlie Hall is starting, which is a nice move. He was announced and gave Jordan Ash a big hug and the two exchanged some words. We'll see how Charlie handles his big moment.

Unis look sharp.

I should add that for the Senior Day intros, Julia Louis-Dreyfus was introduced as Julia Hall.

I mean...come on.

Purdue baskets are getting louder ovations than NU baskets. It's hard to tell because black and purple are hard to differentiate, but the guy next to me on press row, Paul Banks, thinks it's about 70-30 Purdue. It might not be quite that high; maybe 60-40.

20-18 both teams playing hard. Lots of contact.

Skelly rims off the half court shot.

No action yet for Taylor, and I don’t see him on the bench. Anything going on?

So far at least half of Purdue’s points are second chance points. The defense is stopping them, but can’t get the miss or the rebound way too often.

They miss the 1 and 1, cats get the rebound, ref calls a lane violation.

Purdue is literally mugging your players and NW gets called if they breathe on somebody. I have no idea why the Big Ten has such a bone for Purdue?

Based on the season, it’s about the cats rather than whoever the visitor might be.

Law got bumped dribbling in the lane, no call, but minutes earlier Pardon got called on a similar bump that resulted in the T to Collins.

Thought the Cats played a solid, entertaining first half. If Turner makes a couple of his open shots, it's a tight game. Getting killed on the boards and the refs are doing us no favors either. I love Dererk but he is undersized as a center in the Big Ten. Given that, he has had a sterling career here.

I agree. They need to assess that. Collins has a right to be pissed is one of those refs named Daugherty

The officiating has not been good.

Purdue getting away with a metric ton of contact on Law/Pardon while the 'Cats are getting called for tic-tacs on the perimeter. Instead of correcting this issue, one of the refs decides to tee up Collins. Sheesh.

Like what I'm seeing from Pete Nance and the defense as a whole. Edwards is out of sorts today and the game is still with in reach. If NU can keep up their intensity and get hot from the field in the 2nd half, they could steal this.

Taylor came out for Senior Day recognition and then disappeared. What is the story?

No action yet for Taylor, and I don’t see him on the bench. Anything going on?
Did any of you at the game, catch the cold look and barely hug Taylor and especially his Mom gave Collins, like I did? Maybe he was sick, but they were not a happy Son and Mother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT