ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Penn State vs. NU

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (20-9, 11-7 Big Ten) hosts Penn State (17-12, 8-10 Big Ten) tonight at Welsh-Ryan Arena at 8 p.m. for Senior Night. Keeping in mind COVID eligibility could extend their careers, this could be the final night at Welsh-Ryan Arena for a legendary group: Boo Buie, Chase Audige, Robbie Beran, Roy Dixon III and Tydus Verhoeven.

The Wildcats are currently in a three-way tie for second place in the Big Ten with Maryland and Michigan, on the wrong side of tiebreakers for both. Picking up a win tonight will be key to Northwestern's campaign for a double-bye in the Big Ten tournament, a cherry on top of an outstanding regular season. The Wildcats have the chance to win 12 Big Ten games for the first time in school history and finish the season with a 14-4 record, cementing Welsh-Ryan as one of the toughest places to play in the conference and the country.

Reactions: DaCat and drewjin
Is the game going to start late? Osu game won’t be over for probably another 5-10 minutes

Fox Sports App, according to the runner at the bottom of the screen

get this osu trash outta my face!

ZD7VLhP.gif

This is one of the few teams we can, casually, put 70 or 80 on.

Multiple bad decisions early on offense:
-Audige passes on an open 3 to take a fadeaway with the shot clock expiring
-Buie has. 3-1 on the fast break and does not attack the basket with Audige on his left. Kicks it to a Berry missed 3

We win, guaranteed

Bunk always gets a like from me.

I love watching Pickett play, but I find the way he dribbles a little unusual, like the ball is farther away from his body than other dribblers. Maybe it's just my imagination.
It's a tie for me between Bunk and the hon. Senator Clay Davis

Reactions: SmellyCat
So Nicholson has made some nice plays tonight, but matchups say...play Verhoeven? I don't mind TV, but I like Nicholson on the court as much as he can stand.

The way this thread is being hijacked by The Wire makes me happy.

It’s kind of like the Bunk tells McNulty: “There you go giving a 💩 when it’s not your turn to give a 💩 “

No mention of characters can forget Omar. But, ultimately, let's give credit to one of the most terrifying villains of all time: Snoop

Reactions: PurpWildCatNation
Boo has gotta stop all the one on one stuff. He’s getting away from being the “facilitator“ that got us here. Cats are so much better when the ball moves quickly to the open man.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
The way they’re guarding Jalen, it looks like he can’t pivot counter clockwise?

The way this thread is being hijacked by The Wire makes me happy.

It’s kind of like the Bunk tells McNulty: “There you go giving a 💩 when it’s not your turn to give a 💩 “

No mention of characters can forget Omar. But, ultimately, let's give credit to one of the most terrifying villains of all time: Snoop
I am happy to discuss The Wire at any time, but I'd like to give it my full attention. Penn State is trying to play checkers on a chess board, by the way.

Audige's D of Pickett which led to a poke/steal (which one?) is like an Oscar clip for a slam-dunk Oscar winner. Jeez, that was beautiful.

Would be nice if the O were making more shots, but the D has come to play, as usual.

I am happy to discuss The Wire at any time, but I'd like to give it my full attention. Penn State is trying to play checkers on a chess board, by the way.

Audige's D of Pickett which led to a poke/steal (which one?) is like an Oscar clip for a slam-dunk Oscar winner. Jeez, that was beautiful.
So not a good time to mention the greatest name for a character who is not even in the show and whose visual contribution is being in a body bag?

The Wire Detective GIF by HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT