ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for No. 1 Purdue vs. NU

Barnhizer repeats the WI quick shot instead of holding the ball. Hears it from Collins. Beran makes a very dumb foul and does not.
Beran thought we had a foul to give. Stupid scoreboard in stadium only showed us with 5.

Reactions: NUCat320
I thought the difference in the half was that the Cats were over-amped and shooting tense while Purdue was confident and basically relaxed. I would love to see NU hit a few 3’s early in the second half to let themselves play smoothly.

Reactions: benoitdenizetl
We’ve given up 8 points on missed dunk connections. So frustrating.
Gotta throw better lobs.

Definitely some ill-advised passes...
Audige bullet at Nicholosn's head was past him before he moved his arms.
Buie airmailed Audige who was too far under the basket anyhow.
Nicholson's attempt at a backdoor bounce pass to Berry was telegraphed and never there.

But I like the fight.

I knew Edey was big.

But I didn't know he was THAT big.

He really doesn't need to jump and that little hook is impossible to defend once he's able to attempt it. Gotta defend him BEFORE that.

Reactions: EagerFan
Boo has half of NU’s points and he’s just a dawg. Great all-time … Cat.

NU is right in this thing and I love it.

AND CHASE IS NO LONGER SCORELESS

Imagine if we were playing a half way decent offensive game. Our D has been tough

Edey’s getting to the middle of the paint and Purdue is getting it to him immediately. I don’t know the solution, but it needs to come quick. No illegal defense in college hoops.

Not sure what we get of having Verhoeven in there against Edey.

Better off going with Beran/Martinelli and Barnhizer in the frontcourt together as our 2nd look.

Verhoeven can play when Edey is sitting.

In the "how do we beat Purdue?" thread, it was mentioned that NU has to play a "perfect" game to win. It's amazing it's still close when you consider how NOT perfect they've played.

Reactions: TheC
Our team just needs another offensive weapon. We don’t quite have enough.

Reactions: Cheech210
It’s a little crazy that Beran has only gotten one shot today. He needs to be a third option.

In the "how do we beat Purdue?" thread, it was mentioned that NU has to play a "perfect" game to win. It's amazing it's still close when you consider how NOT perfect they've played.
Yep. I mean lots of complaining our offense is struggling. But it’s more or less what you’d expect.

To beat these guys you’d need to be outstanding on defense and hold them in the low 60’s. A few teams have done that. Or be really inspired on offense. Or a combination of both. As it is, game is par for the course.

Somehow, we're hanging around. Mostly due to Boo. But if we start hitting some shots, force a couple turnovers... We're not out of it yet.

Reactions: NUCat320
And with it all, it is a 5 pt game with 12 mins left! Still in it and our Cats are still fighting!

Flagrant foul and we get one point. Then they score. Terrible

Chase needs to get to the bucket or look to distribute or both. NU is playing a good game.

I really dislike this Purdue team. They play dirty and rely on a guy who camps in the paint illegally all day.

• Sad
Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT