ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Iowa

Can I add that our tight ends cannot catch for their lives? Very disappointing.

Yes Sir. Especially after Lang and Gordon looked like rising players two, three years ago. Seems like very little if any improvement since then.

Last edited:
Yeah. You really can’t blame him for being ultra hyped today. Who wouldn’t want to stick it to their former team after being deemed 3rd stringer?
JT’s extra funny because he was a second stringer at the school he went to. His ego was damaged by an insistence he compete for a job instead of being handed it… so he went somewhere else where he also wasn’t handed the job and didn’t win it.

Anyway, I’m disgusted with how we played today but don’t begrudge him the opportunity to tap despite him not playing well at all.

JT’s extra funny because he was a second stringer at the school he went to. His ego was damaged by an insistence he compete for a job instead of being handed it… so he went somewhere else where he also wasn’t handed the job and didn’t win it.

Anyway, I’m disgusted with how we played today but don’t begrudge him the opportunity to tap despite him not playing well at all.
He’s actually playing now instead of sitting the bench behind QBs he could very well be better than. Good for him.

For the safety, the ball has to be completely outside of the end zone. For the touchdown, the ball only needs to touch the goal line.
Thanks, but I perfectly understand the rules for both calls. What I don't understand is how they inconsistently applied replay on those two calls (again, which weren't the difference in the game.)

Mike Pereira, the rules analyst for the broadcast, indicated that they didn't have a view down the goal line to be able to rule that KJ didn't break the goal line, but somehow they were able to piece together that the ball didn't clear the same goal line on the safety. There was no clear view of either call and the ruling on the field was that the first was not a safety, so it's a little puzzling that they had indisputable video evidence to overturn the call.

I was at the game in the cats parent section which was right inside the 20 where lausch was called for the safety. He was out of the end zone. Just like Duke they overturned a call on the field. Not our year clearly.

Reactions: Jaguar 88
I was at the game in the cats parent section which was right inside the 20 where lausch was called for the safety. He was out of the end zone. Just like Duke they overturned a call on the field. Not our year clearly.
The Duke fumble overturn was legit rigged by ACC officials. Disgusting and we should have protested that game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT