ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half game thread UW

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
We've got an old-fashioned, 1970s Big Ten slobberknocker on our hands. Total yards: NU 117, Wisconsin 114. Eight first downs apiece. 10-7 good guys.

NU found its running game in the second quarter, and, surprisingly, it's Jeremy Larkin who has 37 of NU's 43 rushing yards. That 12-play, 44-yard TD drive was a thing of beauty; Thorson completed passes to three different superbacks, including the scoring throw to Cameron Green.

The defense has settled down. Early in the game it looked like Wisconsin was going to pound them on the ground all day long, but they have three turnovers and two sacks (they had four on the season coming in). Mr. 18-for-19 Alex Hornibrook is 5-for-11 for 48 yards with two interceptions.

All in all, it was a damn good half for the team in white. After stumbling a bit out of the blocks (settling for a field goal after the fumble, getting stuffed twice on third-and-1, the interception), they have gone toe-to-toe and have mostly outplayed the big, bad Badgers.

Reactions: Smokejumper
I'm not from the south, so why should I have to have some halftime analyst named "Booger" on my tv? Shouldn't there have to be some affirmative opt-in process for that?

We've got an old-fashioned, 1970s Big Ten slobberknocker on our hands. Total yards: NU 117, Wisconsin 114. Eight first downs apiece. 10-7 good guys.

NU found its running game in the second quarter, and it's Jeremy Larkin who 37 of NU's 43 rushing yards. That 12-play, 44-yard TD drive was a thing of beauty. And Thorson completed passes to three different superbacks, including the scoring throw to Cameron Green.

The defense has settled down -- it looked like Wisconsin was going to pound them all day early in the game -- and has three turnovers and two sacks (they had four on the season coming in). Mr. 18-for-19 Alex Hornibrook is 5-for-11 for 48 yards with two interceptions.

All in all, it was a damn good half for the team in white. After stumbling a bit out of the blocks (settling for a field goal after the fumble, getting stuffed twice on third-and-1, the interception), they have gone toe-to-toe and have mostly outplayed the big, bad Badgers.

Going to see a lot more Taylor in the 2nd half. Not sure why the Badgers got away from him as they were having success. D's going to have to be better against the run.

Clayton will have to be better too. Seems to have some issues throwing to the outside, which is odd, cause it's not an arm issue.

Wisky will be better in 2nd half. We will need to be too.

Think the 'Cats still need a break to go their way in the 2nd half to come away w/ the W.

Need to be prepared to stop Wisconsin's running game. Their O will resemble a McCall called-game. Linebackers need to shed blocks.

This first drive will be key. If we can go down and score a TD, it changes what Wisconsin will do on offense.

Reactions: DrillCat
Larkin got the call, but that was all on the OL who couldn't hold the damn block and let him blow by him again.

The ball doesn't seem to be coming out of CT's hand as well as usual today. Maybe it's that so many passes have been short, but it just doesn't look right.

Thorson's contacts fall out? He's getting pressure, but there's an out each time. He's just breaking in the wrong direction consistently.

Too bad.... we were moving. Now up to the D to keep up the intensity.

Larkin got the call, but that was all on the OL who couldn't hold the damn block and let him blow by him again.

is that only a penalty if the OL has the DL engaged? i thought he blew by him and then Larkin went low. Is that not legal either?

The center's responsibility was to chip the rusher to help the RB and then slide to his right. That's exactly what he did. You should really not comment if you don't understand what is going on.

The penalty was a BS call because both NU players were not engaged with the badger player at the same time.

I'm not from the south, so why should I have to have some halftime analyst named "Booger" on my tv? Shouldn't there have to be some affirmative opt-in process for that?
Actually, It would be a public service to the south if the network would not put Boogers on the air.

Too many missed oppurtunies, missed getting fumbles, missed calls.

Quintez Cephus - now that is a great name. Just wish he weren't so open.

Uh-oh here comes Wiskey. Untouched on that TD run. Can't let it get away now.

The center's responsibility was to chip the rusher to help the RB and then slide to his right. You should really not comment if you don't understand what is going on.

The penalty was a BS call because both NU players were not engaged with the badger player at the same time.
I don't worry much about making mistakes on here because I know you're here to correct me.

The ball doesn't seem to be coming out of CT's hand as well as usual today. Maybe it's that so many passes have been short, but it just doesn't look right.

Thorson tends to hurry his throwing motion when he feels the pressure.

Defense is going to have to get a turnover because our offense is awful today.

Can't let them score this series or the game will get ugly.

Why can't we roll out Thorsen when its third and long?
Yes, my thoughts exactly! The pocket collapses before someone gets open apparently, so why not roll him out and buy him some time? Try something different for once.

I'm sure Hornibrook is a nice kid, but ABC is making me hate him.

Reactions: kreggk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT