ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for NU v. Maryland

Need to weather this Ayala storm and get Audige back on him. Feels bad in the moment but this is such a clearly winnable game.

Reactions: drewjin
This doesn't feel like NU wants to win. Nance especially have to hit the close range shots, though his 3 point shooting is good at the moment.

I am not watching the game, just checking the box score, and LOL at Chase ****ing Audige being 2-10

is Ayala this good or are we just terrible at defending athletic guards?

Man, getting a little tired of us playing against a guy that gets hot and just can’t miss. Seems like it’s every game. Ayala hitting bombs from the parking lot and tough shots at the rim.

Reactions: drewjin
Audige can’t shoot. He’s a prolific serial killer of possessions. The majority of the discussion in this very thread appears to be on that very topic.
I think you people misunderstand the nature of my “LOL.” This is a rueful, laugh rather than cry, “oh, ****ing of COURSE that’s how this game is going” sort of laugh. It brings me no joy.

I will state the obvious: We have no who can cover Ayala. He is quicker than Audible who is doing a nice job. Have to double.

One missed Maryland free throw from a Chick Filet meal for those in attendance.

I think Pete Nance is generally great but as the announcers said, he missed the front end of a one-and-one just like he did in crunch time against Penn State.

Let's see if he can make these.

EDIT: He did. Good.

Greer just made one. 1.34 left down by 4. Will our fate change.

is Ayala this good or are we just terrible at defending athletic guards?
I don’t think Ayala is particularly athletic. But he was a threat in very good Maryland teams. And he’s a senior and the best scorer this year. In a game his team was struggling to get offense, a guy like that is going to try to step up. And he did. After a terrible 4th fouls on Audige. Who, IMO, is more athletic than him.

40 secs left. Down 6. Offensive foul. Game over

CC is consistent for close losses.

That Greer missed layup encapsulated everything about this program

I hate the "I don't think you need a 3, take the easy two" - No, shoot the damn three. They never miss the clutch FTs when facing the Cats.

Maryland is trying to lose this game but we don’t want to take it with missed free throws and layups!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT