ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Miami (Ohio)

mshelton33

Staff
Jun 16, 2021
The wait is over! Northwestern hosts Miami (Ohio) this afternoon at 2:30 pm at Northwestern Medicine Field at Martin Stadium. The game will be broadcast on BTN. The stadium clock is on pace for a kickoff closer to 2:40 pm.

Some good stuff on that first drive, but the overthrow on second down kinda doomed that drive. Let’s go D!!

It really looks beautiful on TV. Sailboat in the distance on the wide shot of Akers’ punt.

Was that a Covey to Wright throwback called on the high snap? J Thomas seems to think it may have been.

Was that a Covey to Wright throwback called on the high snap? J Thomas seems to think it may have been.
It sorta looked like it with how wright drifted off to the side, but it’s difficult to tell for sure. It would explain why all the defenders were allowed to rush through if Covey was supposed to be out clear to the right with blockers setting up to the left.

I didn’t realize he had become an announcer. Is this his first game?
Lisa Byington said something like “welcoming Jared Thomas” in their intros, so I’d guess it’s his first for BTN. Doubt it’s his first ever very much. He’s a little deliberate so far but he’s got good points, knows ball, and is smooth so far.

Cats O looks like it has the superior horses overall so far, but not enough so that they can keep making these play killing errors and set up 2nd and 15s

Too many mistakes on offense. Ruining our rhythm and now a turnover

The snap was obviously. Seems like Wright clapped to shift the running backs, then was going to clap again to call for the ball.

Snap errors are my least favorite thing in football.

A little bummed we can’t fill a 12,000 seat stadium on opening day

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT